Sunday, March 12, 2023

NYT calls 'Blood Sugar' one of the Best Thrillers of 2022. Agreed.


I hadn't heard of any of the NYT's (six) Best Thrillers of 2022. But being a newly avid e-book reader, I could read a sample of each before I decided to take the plunge. I settled on two: "Blood Sugar" by Sascha Rothchild and "The Island" by Adrian McKinty (more on that one later). "Blood Sugar" is an indeed a thriller more than a mystery; we know the main character is a killer, no suspense there, but the question becomes, is she a justified killer? Rothchild is a great pace-setter, adept at creating suspense, and this book hums along nicely. I found the protagonist's relationship with her best friend and lawyer, Roman, as well as their plan to find her justice, somewhat of a stretch. But overall "Blood Sugar" was a refreshing take for those of us used to reading mysteries and thrillers of a certain ilk.


No comments:

Post a Comment