Sunday, October 4, 2015

"The writing itself was top notch"

From a new 4* review of The Devil in Snakeskins by sci-fi writer Quentin Wallace

This book was very interesting. It's a western, but it's set in a post apocalyptic time period. The world building was well done. The main complaint I had was that the main character was just not likable. I suppose that's what Henion was going for, an anti-hero type, but The Professor, as he was called, was almost psychotic.
 

Great action and the plot, while a revenge theme common in westerns, was still not overly cliched.

The writing itself was top notch. It will appeal to fans of weird westerns and post apocalyptic fiction. If you like flawed characters, you'll probably like it as well.

It's a really original work with some genre mixing, which I am a big fan of in my own writing. I'd like to see more of this universe from Mr. Henion in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment